Changing the Big Five

 Having started my research upon the Big Five of South America, as well as hearing which continents my peers have chosen, I want to actually change which Big Five I am focusing on.

As much as I like the animals from South America, I have realised that if I research the animals of Asia. Within this I specifically want to focus on the Island of Borneo, an island filled with it's own unique animals and eco-system as well as somewhere that I have personally been. This will allow me to focus the design to match the country even better, and also allows me to draw on my own experiences slightly.
I am also going to use my own photos where I can for the animals, this is because I have seen and photographed many of them, however, due to the fact this was quite a few years ago before I learnt any photography skills - they're not the clearest of images. However, I should be able to fix this using photoshop and converting the format to camera raw to edit more of it, the main issue being the images are slightly blurry. 

What are the Big Five of Asia?


Much like when I looked for the animals of South America, I started by googling the question before then looking at multiple sources to see which animals would be considered the Big Five.

In this case it was actually harder to find sources, many just linking me back to the Big Five of Africa. However, I did find two and I highlighted it like before. The pink ones appear in both and the green is the same genus of animal. Pygmy elephants specifically being a subspecies of the Asian elephants, one type found in Indonesia, but the smaller and more known version coming from Borneo.
I also made note of Sun Bears & Tigers, they didn't appear on the website, but are two animals that people think of when asked about animals from Asia.


After a little more research to check where they were found and if this was also all in Borneo, I settled upon my new big five, these being;
-Orangutan
-Sun Bear
-Pygmy Elephant
-Sumatran Rhino
-Proboscis Monkey

These five animals are all incredibly unique and some only found now on Borneo, being rather endangered or even important to the folklore of the country. 




Sources:

Diane_Molzan_Goway (2020) The Big Five Animals of Asia | Globetrotting with Goway [Online]. Available at https://blog.goway.com/globetrotting/big-five-animals-asia/ (Accessed 1 March 2022).

Admin (2017) Borneo Big 5 – Borneo Eco Tours | Blog [Online]. Available at https://www.borneoecotours.com/blog/borneo-big-5/#:~:text=Borneo%20Big%205%20actually%20stands,and%20also%20the%20Estuarine%20Crocodile. (Accessed 1 March 2022).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scamp Vs Final Design

Feedback

Final Designs