Exporting Final Print version

When it came to exporting this printed version, I first saved a final version of the InDesign called Final Booklet Print Ver. This gives me quick and easy reference if I want or need to go back and change anything in this printed design, I can then go and use the original file to create the Interactive Version and not worry about loosing the master file for this printed design. 
When it came to exporting, I kept this same name of Final Booklet Print Ver, but chose to save it as a PDF. This is the best and industry standard to save the file as, as it allows everything to be viewed and looked through without accidently editing or moving any of the assets. The settings were easy enough as I had set up the file in the beginning to have all of the required settings, which just meant I had to tell it to use the document settings.
I did notice, upon closer look, you can tell InDesign to save the print version with the interactive elements, which is good to know in any future case, however doesn't matter too much now as I know there are elements I shall have to change around to make the interactive work in different ways to this one. 

Now that the printed version is finished and safely saved separately, I can go in and add all of the interactive elements to the web version.

The other thing I could check once this final version was printed was how the design translated from screen to print, and I am very satisfied with this outcome. The images are all clear and the text is large enough to comfortably read while also not being too large or too small. The images do loose some of their vibrancy, but that will always happen when printing, and the client will print this on a slightly glossy paper, which will also help bring back some of this vibrancy compared to the stock paper which I have used for testing purposes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scamp Vs Final Design

Feedback

Final Designs