End of my Hero Project

My Hero Overview & Reflection

The My Hero project was defiantly something new to myself, having previously not used InDesign to create anything so there was a slight learning curve. Having the freedom to chose anyone or thing that could be considered a Hero gave a very large range of designs and themes that I could create, as each design should be tailored to the hero chosen. 
It took a while to come up with a cohesive theme that worked, and I was grateful for the feedback from my peers explaining how, at the time, the designs didn't work together and that I needed to ensure the designs all looked like a set.
Using InDesign for the first time in this project was very helpful, I enjoyed the process of learning as I went, as well as being able to ask advice from peers who had used it before when I reached something that I did not understand, such as the program not loading my assets in their full resolution. This simple project has allowed me to become confident with InDesign's basic features as well as feeling more comfortable to try different and more detailed functions. 
It was a bit difficult at times, considering that InDesign wasn't the prime program to used for this, something such as Photoshop would have worked better. One other aspect of InDesign I personally found difficult was using the layer function. This was due to the fact that it was out of the way and assets could be moved and shifted around, as well as pushed and pulled back, no matter what layer they were on. Using layers is defiantly something I need to work on, as it makes the file easier to use if it needs to be handed off, as is to someone else to work on. 
Personally I could have used InDesign further by making more of my aspects separate, such as making the Gonzo paintings separate from the background when importing them into the program. This would make it easier to edit the design if I needed to, rather then having to reopen it in it's native file, to change and then reimport back inside InDesign. 

If I were to do this project again, or something along the same lines, the main thing I would do is solidify my exact idea first off, and come up with a universal colour pallet and aspects so that they will all work together straight away, rather then having to go back and redesign the whole design. This however, I think was mostly a problem due to the Hero that I chose, Gonzo, due to the amount of things he is in and all of his different styles, which is why once I did settle on the idea, it was then far easier to do afterwards. I would also use more of InDesign's inbuilt functions over images, such as the layer affects it provides as I did not use any this time around. 

I shall take what I've learnt from both the concepting stage, but also using InDesign from this project forward and onto the Big Five project, as well as focus on those aspects that I was weaker on here to continue to improve my work and ability within the program. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scamp Vs Final Design

Feedback

Final Designs