Creating Assets for use

For the Souvenir especially, there were some specific assets that I really want to use for it, that either aren't available or not quite how I need them.
Gonzo's signature was this main problem, and at first I thought that I might need to personally draw up my own version of this signature to use. This was mainly because I wanted one more along the lines of the hand-drawn signature that made for Gonzo when things are actually signed, in comparison to the 'newer' created on available from Disney.

However, I discovered that Illustrator now has a new mode that allows me to Image trace, thus turning a png into a vector far easier then having to completely hand draw it myself. However, I did go in and edit how the image trace was creating itself, and then edited some details that I didn't quite like how it appeared, following the advice of a tutorial. (Betts, 2019)



I kept all of the file in the one main layer, as I won't need to go in after the fact to edit this vector any further, other then to resize the signature for what sizes I need, which is why I made it a vector in the first place.

There is also the idea, that this signature will be printed onto this small souvenir, as the event itself would have an option to have a hand drawn signature with personalisation on either something your brought or an image available on the event. 




With the QR code, the idea is that it will be custom to each person who gets the souvenir, by default, when it is handed out, it will just have a space designated for the QR code to be added. A QR code can then be custom made at the event for each person once they have met Gonzo, and it can include a photo (or a couple) of the person and Gonzo. However, for a prototype, I have included a version with a QR code, that just sends to a photo of Gonzo, as an example of how it shall look in the final thing.

(Thompson, 2019)

To create this I used this image. I created it by opening the image up on the web, and then right clicking and creating a QR code of the image and then downloading that. I know there would be a better and more professional way to do this at an actual event, but this is just a prototype.




This is how the Signature came out, I do think it ended up very good considering how the physical signature had different line weights and opacity due to how the pen worked. The main swooping circle for the G and the swoop after is where the AI struggled, however it was easy enough for me to go in with the pen tool and fill in the gaps that were made. As it also forms into paths, I could edit the ones the AI made, but the way that they form was just a little difficult to just alter those ones and work off of that.




This is how the QR code came out, if you use a website or a purchased software you can also have your own customised image on the inside. The way to the view the image, is that once scanned using any QR code scanner, most mobile phones can do it now, it will pop up with a link, all you have to do is select the link and it will open up with the image.








References:

Betts, A. (2019) How to Vectorize an Image in Adobe Illustrator [Online]. Available at https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/convert-image-vector-illustrator/ (Accessed 6 February 2022).

Thompson, S. (2019) “Remembering ‘The Muppet Movie’ At 40 With Gonzo,” Forbes, 23rd July [Online]. Available at https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonthompson/2019/07/23/remembering-the-muppet-movie-at-40-with-gonzo/ (Accessed 6 February 2022).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scamp Vs Final Design

Feedback

Final Designs