Creating Assets for Use 2

I wanted to create a vector of Gonzo that can be safely used on any of the work, as a vector means it won't distort no matter what size I make it at. It was also a good way for me to simplify down Gonzo, to keep him at his recognisable self without having to worry about him not being clear at a distance or small size.

To create it I referenced one of his official photos, and for the colour palette I created a secondary palette using Adobe Colour from the merchandise used of Gonzo, giving myself a consistent look to the official merch. I chose to use the light blue nose as a personal preference, it looking better to me compared to the purple that is also used sometimes.

I did chose to not include the little thin tufts he has coming off of the back of his head, as it just ended up looking a little confusing and messy.

I did all of the line art in one layer, before then locking in and importing my colour palette from the adobe library. I locked the line layer to ensure that I didn't accidently edit any of it or draw on the wrong layer, as Illustrator can be a little finicky when it comes down to that.
I then did all of the colour in another layer, doing one colour segment at a time, this is more personal preference as I can still access each colour segment under the layer if any needed editing. 
To make things easier if any of it needed editing, I tried to do the sections as large as possible, doing all of his nose in one shape, as it avoids any weird clipping or layering issues that sometimes happens if the vector gets heavily increased in size.
Then I unlocked it all and grouped it, importing to my library so that I can use it in the other adobe software I will be using.


I also want to make a small digital painting especially for the souvenir to make it more unique compared to the advert and billboard. To ensure that it fits I first made my canvas size in Clip Studio Paint (The art program I use), the same as the business card, 88x55mm. I then imported a couple references of Gonzo and sketched out a rough pose and his features at this correct size. I then sized the canvas up to include the bleed, making it 94x61mm in size, then I continued the sketch. This allows me to make sure that it will be the same size, but also if any of the cards end up cut slightly wrong, it won't be too obvious with how Gonzo has been drawn.


This is how the small digital painting came out and I really like it. It really gives Gonzo personality, more so then I think the Vector does. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scamp Vs Final Design

Feedback

Final Designs