InDesign Tutorial

As InDesign is a program I have never used before, and I shall have to use it a lot for my two projects, to first get a hang of it I am going to follow a basic tutorial. This is mostly so I can get to know the ropes with what functions it has, as well as how they specifically work, considering that the controls do shift within adobe's different software. 

I have decided to follow this specific tutorial: How to work with a multi-page document

I do need to make one multi-page document in this My Hero unit, that being the souvenir, but I also know that I will be making a bigger multi-page document with the next project, so I want to get accustomed to that first.
It is also the biggest difference between other adobe software, and I found multiple 'canvas' hard to work out at first on Illustrator, so I want to learn this from the start.
The best thing with tutorials from Adobe themselves, is not only did they make the software so they know how to work it the best, but they also always supply tutorial files to be used that I can follow along and try and work out myself before hand.

In this case I got four different files, one for each section of the tutorial.
Having these provided files, also helps me know how a professional lays out their pages, and it's something I can defiantly use as reference when making my own.


The other reason I'm following this type of tutorial, is I find it easiest to try and learn how to actually input images and edit them in the ways the program allows myself, looking for help if I need it, rather then starting off with a tutorial on how to do it. This is just personal preference. 

The way the voiceover goes through all of the information is incredibly helpful and informative, he speaks in simple and slow enough language that it's easy to know what he is referring to, but it is also fast enough and not simplified to the point that it feels like you are being spoken down to.  
It's also nice to know how to open the different panels and where to find them, as I often hit a obstacle when a tutorial shows an open window that I don't have, and I don't know how to open it up. 


I've included these tutorial pages and any I was encouraged to edit in the folders in a folder referred to as tutorial files.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scamp Vs Final Design

Feedback

Final Designs